Sunday, September 13, 2009

The fourth


There were two missions I had to go on today while visiting our nation's capital Washington D.C.--the annual Adams Morgan Day Festival and Georgetown Cupcake in the Georgetown shopping area next to Georgetown University (that was a mouthful!)
First: I unfortunately do not remember the name of the restaurant that sold me these tacos, but they were pretty damn fantastic. Both tacos were pretty simple with just onions and cilantro, but I had one taco with regular marinated beef and one with beef tongue. The tongue, oddly, was a little chewy and fatty. Both were equally delicious. The best part of the tacos, they were super cheap at a little over 2.00 each. I could have kept going with the tacos, but alas, I continued on with the culinary journey (for those who want to see pictures of not food and of the actual festival, see facebook).

Secondly: I was overly ecstatic yet again to wait in line for these cupcakes at D.C.'s very popular Georgetown Cupcake (see http://www.georgetowncupcake.com/). When I came to this place last year, the line was not only out the door but down several blocks and I waited about an hour for cupcakes. Crazy? Yes. Exhausted by the time I got there? Yes. Worth it? Yes, absolutely! Luckily this time around, my pal Lindsey and I only waited for about 15 minutes. We unfortunately had very loud Greek people in front of us, but that is a whole 'nother story. The cupcakes I selected, one being cinnamon and the other peanut butter chocolate, were delicious as I expected and I expected nothing but high quality. What's nice about Georgetown cupcakes is the variety of cupcakes and the price (about 2.50ish each) considering the big hype with cupcakes in general. The downside to Georgetown cupcake is not having their variety on a regular basis, meaning that everyday they have a different selection of cupcakes. I don't know, this is something kind of irks a person like myself who enjoys variety. That, and their unusual hours. This place always have a line going out the door, but with good reasons, these are pretty damn good cupcakes.

Overall, I felt the food goals for today were accomplished and accomplished very successfully. It makes me more excited for my future food adventures; however, I will miss that Washington D.C. does offer. The variety of foods are contributed by the fact that D.C. is a mixing bowl of different cultures, which is a major plus for those that enjoy food as much as I do.

I guess that's it for now!

2 comments:

  1. Mmmmmm cupcakes. Yeah, they had their heyday. Apparently, the hype is going down now. The new posh dessert for Chicago? Apparently gourmet popsicles. Weird.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gourmet popsicles?? What like wasabi-kiwi flavored?

    ReplyDelete